WSACC Weekly Update Edition 3: 3rd January 2013
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Welcome to our third edition on how WSACC is progressing toward our opening for OSHC business on 29 January 2013. We hope you all had a fabulous New Years.
1. Service Approval: No Change since Edition 1.
2. Enrolments: We will issue enrolment packages on 11 January 2013. They will be emailed to you electronically. If you don’t have a printer / scanner at home, let Kathryn know and we will make alternative arrangements.
3. Debtors. Thanks to all those families who have made such great effort to clear their account.
4. Updates on Expressions of Interest for Staff Planning and Scheduling. If any parents / caregivers still wish to provide an indication of which sessions on which days you anticipate booking your Child(ren) into WSACC, please send the form (Edition 1) to Kathryn at WSACC on email@example.com.
5. Open Days: We will run open days at our new facility on a couple of days:
• Session 1: Wednesday 16 January from 6:00-6:30 pm;
• Session 2: Saturday 19 January from 9:00-9:30 am.
• Session 3: Saturday 19 January from 11:00-11:30 am
Invitations will be sent out over the next few days.
6. Orientation Meetings: We will program individual orientation meetings between parents / caregivers / children / WSACC commencing 15 January 2013. Further details will follow in our next Weekly Update.
7. Transport Planning: If any parents / caregivers still wish to provide an indication of which form of transport they intend their children to use, please send the form (Edition 1) to Kathryn at WSACC on firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. WSACC Website. We have also been working hard on our website over the last few weeks, and we are proud to announce that it is now up and running at: http://www.wsacc.org.au/.
Over the next week or so we will be adding new pages to the website, such as a Photo Gallery and Related Links.
We welcome any comments or ideas as to how we can continue to improve it.
9. Removal from WSS to New Site. The removal on Friday 28 December 2012 went relatively smoothly, and some pictures of the move are provided below. We will load a photo journal of the move on our website over the next couple of weeks.
We would like to say a big thank you to all the parents who turned up to help relocate some really heavy furniture and clean the old facility. It was spotless at the end. There is no way we could have gotten the building ready for hand back, or the heavy tables across to the new site without you all.
REQUESTS FOR VOLUNTEERS/ASSISTANCE
1. Next Few Weeks. If there are any handy people out there that could come and help each afternoon next week from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm to sand and paint/refurbish the green tables, and home corner items as well as some work in our new top playground to make it presentable for the open days it would be highly welcomed. The priority is for anyone who has an electric sander – we will reimburse for the sandpaper costs and we are supplying the paint.
We also have a number of items that require some repair such as a wooden parking garage for the construction space. The top level has come loose and needs to be made more robust. There is also a castle that needs to be glued together permanently to ensure it can be used successfully. These are projects people may want to take home to complete.
Kathryn also needs a handy man to secure loose shelves within a home corner storage unit. The shelves constantly drop making it difficult for children to keep resources tidy.
If you are interested in any of the above, please email Kathryn at WSACC on email@example.com so we can plan the activities fully.
2. General Call for Help. As we firm up the works needed to do to our new home we are hoping that some of you may be able to volunteer some time to work with us. We have taken out full volunteer insurance, and will look for parents / caregivers that are able to supervise, do homemaker duties, can sew, are qualified tradespeople (particularly electrical, carpentry, glazing and plumbing), and / or are happy to provide ‘muscle’.
We have received a number of offers – many thanks – but if you are interested, please email Kathryn at WSACC on firstname.lastname@example.org with your skills / preferences.
3. Request for Volunteer Members of Fundraising Subcommittee. In early 2013 we will be formally creating a new subcommittee for fundraising activities. We will provide more information over the coming Weekly Updates however if you would like to put your hand up for a role on the Fundraising Subcommittee please let Jenny Wild know via email (email@example.com).
All plans are moving along well and we are on schedule for our 29 January re-launch.
There are a couple of things we ask of you in this Update:
1. If you haven’t had time to provide an indication of which sessions on which days you anticipate booking your Child(ren) into WSACC or provide an indication of which form of transport you intend your children to use, could we ask you to do so on firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If you are interested in volunteering any time to help us do some repairs or generally help set up next week, please email Kathryn at WSACC on email@example.com with your skills / preferences.
That’s about all until our next Weekly Update. Thank you so much for your support, and once again thank you to all those parents who made it to last Friday’s working bee.
WSACC Team and Parent Management Committee