Category: Weekly Update
We are very pleased to announce that on Friday we had our final inspection and have now received service approval for use of the house. This represents a culmination of months of work by many people behind the scenes. To the WSACC community it represents another 50 child places and a fantastic space to engage the children. There are many new and exciting things on the horizon for WSACC in 2014 so stay tuned.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
On behalf of the Windsor School Age Care Centre (WSACC) committee, staff and local school community we are excited to announce that through a grant from the Australian Government’s Child Care Flexibility Fund, WSACC is now able to offer a ‘first of a kind’ weekend child care service in Brisbane.
Australian families are changing and more parents are working outside the traditional hours of 9am-5pm. The Child Care Flexibility Fund seeks to address these issues by supporting child care services to trial more flexible care approaches.
The purpose of this letter and brochure is to make you aware of the new service, seek your feedback and thoughts on the project, and to seek your early registration should the service be of interest to you. To register your interest, please visit www.register.wsacc.org.au.
You may download our brochure on Weekend Care for further information. Please address your questions and feedback to Kathryn Mahoney at the following e-mail address email@example.com.
How about this weather at the moment. It is the middle of winter and traditionally our dry season and it continues to rain. So WSACC has just invested in some new, u-beaut ponchos for the kids. These are not the disposable kind they are excellent quality rain capes with hoods.
We were lucky enough to secure a great deal through our new friends at kids outdoor gear. We were really impressed with the quality of the coats and believe they will be strong enough to last much longer than the plastic ones we initally purchased. We also think that they will keep the children dry as intended.
A special thanks to Linda from kids outdoor gear for giving us such a great price.
Do you wish there was an easy way to keep up to date with all the happenings at Windsor School Age Care Centre. Well wish no more as WSACC is now on Facebook! Join us to keep up with all the latest news and events. All the important and not so important information will be beamed directly to your Facebook page via the marvels of modern technology. Hurry now and go to our Facebook page and like us!
If you were wondering what the extra curricular activities for term three at WSACC will be, wonder no longer. You can download the Extracurricular Timetable Term 3 2013 and make your selection now. Choose from tennis, basketball, keyboard, circus school, singing or language. There is something for everyone. For more information contact us.
A date for the working bee at 12 Bonython Street has been set for this weekend Saturday 20-4-13 and Sunday 21-4-13. Two days of tidy up for the old place to get it ready for use with the kids. There is a sign up sheet located where the sign in and out sheets are. Select a day to help out and sign up or just come along there will we plenty to do.
We really need people who are attending to bring some things with them such as:
- Paint brushes
- Sand paper
- Cleaning clothes
- Drop sheets
- any other tools you can get your hands on.
Hammers and any other tools that may be necessary.
There is a lot of preparation for paining and plenty of cleaning jobs. No skills necessary just a keen sense of adventure and some elbow grease.
Researchers from the Triple P-Positive Parenting Program at The University of Queensland are interested in seeking the views of parents of siblings.
If you are a parent of siblings aged between 2 and 10years, with no more than 4 years separating your children, please visit our their website.
Eligible parents will also be invited to register their interest for participating in a FREE Triple P course targeting sibling conflict.
Windsor School Age Care Centre (WSACC) has just signed the lease on 12 Bonython Street Windsor. The old house was where it all began for WSACC twenty years ( or so ) ago and now it is in service again. The acquisition of the premises will enable WSACC to expand by up to 50 new child care places, so good news for those who are on the waiting list at the moment.
The old house does need some work to make it suitable for its new purpose and we will be needing volunteers to assist with a working Bee in the not too distant future. A date has not been set yet but will be posted as soon as arrangements can be made.
Welcome to our second edition on how WSACC is progressing toward our opening for OSHC business on 29 January 2013. We hope you all had a joyous and safe Festive Season.
- Service Approval: No Change since Edition 1.
- Enrolments: We are pleased to advise that we are now expecting to issue enrolment packages a little earlier than identified in the last edition. We now look like getting the packages out around 11 January 2013. We will provide details of the process this will take in our next Weekly Update.
- Debtors. Thanks to all those families who have made such great effort to clear their account.
- Updates on Expressions of Interest for Staff Planning and Scheduling. In the last edition we asked parents /caregivers to provide an indication of which sessions on which days you anticipate booking your Child(ren) into WSACC. To date we have received responses from around 100 families – thanks so much for responding so quickly. We still have some to go, so can we ask those who haven’t yet responded to do so by Tuesday 1 January 2013.
- Open Days: We will run open days at our new facility on two days in mid-January. Further details will follow in our next Weekly Update.
- Orientation Days: We will run two Orientation days on weekends in mid-January for all children not just preps / new enrolees (being a new facility). Further details will follow in our next Weekly Update.
- Transport Planning: In the last edition we asked parents / caregivers to provide an indication of which form of transport they intend their children to use. To date we have received responses from around 100 families – thanks so much for responding so quickly. We still have some to go, so can we please ask those who haven’t yet responded to do so by Tuesday 1 January 2013.
- Removal from WSS to New Site. Tomorrow (Friday 28 December 2012) we undertake our removal from the WSS site. All is looking good for the move, and some pictures of what the old centre looks like this afternoon are provided below. We are asking for volunteers to help us tidy up and move some items tomorrow afternoon (details below).
REQUESTS FOR VOLUNTEERS/ASSISTANCE
Friday 28 December (tomorrow) from 2.00-4.00pm: Tidy Up and Move Some Items. On Friday afternoon we are keen for help with the last of the things to move from Windsor State School. There are some heavy and awkward items left to relocate as well as spot cleaning to close off our tenure. Once the removalists have departed we want to clean up the old centre, and would really appreciate if anyone would like to come and help. We have the cleaning items on hand (although a couple of extra brooms wouldn’t go astray) and we just need some people to rip around the centre and give it a clean.
Also, anyone who has a large trailer or ute (and ropes) it would be great if you could bring them along as we have some tables and large items still to be relocated to the new centre. We have taken out full volunteer insurance for this activity.
Thanks to all people who have already responded to Kathryn’s email about this earlier today thanks – but if you are interested, please contact Kathryn at WSACC via the general enquiry form so we can plan the activities fully.
General Call for Help
As we firm up the works needed to do to our new home we are hoping that some of you may be able to volunteer some time to work with us. We have taken out full volunteer insurance, and will look for parents / caregivers that are able to supervise, do homemaker duties, can sew, are qualified tradespeople (particularly electrical, carpentry, glazing and plumbing), and / or are happy to provide ‘muscle’. We have received a number of offers – many thanks – but if you are interested, please contact Kathryn via the general enquiry form with your skills / preferences.
Request for Volunteer Members of Fundraising Subcommittee
In early 2013 we will be formally creating a new subcommittee for fundraising activities. We will provide more information over the coming Weekly Updates however if you would like to put your hand up for a role on the Fundraising Subcommittee please let Jenny Wild know via the general enquiry form.
All plans are moving along well and we are on schedule for our 29 January re-launch. There are a couple of things we ask of you in this Update:
1. If you haven’t had time to provide an indication of which sessions on which days you anticipate booking your Child(ren) into WSACC or provide an indication of which form of transport you intend your children to use, could we ask you to do so by Tuesday 1 January 2013.
2. If you are interested in volunteering any time to help us either to clean up tomorrow or to generally help set up, please contact Kathryn at WSACCvia the general enquiry form with your skills / preferences.
That’s about all until our next Weekly Update. Thank you so much for your support, and we wish you and your family a Happy New Year next Monday.