Month: December, 2012
Welcome to our second edition on how WSACC is progressing toward our opening for OSHC business on 29 January 2013. We hope you all had a joyous and safe Festive Season.
- Service Approval: No Change since Edition 1.
- Enrolments: We are pleased to advise that we are now expecting to issue enrolment packages a little earlier than identified in the last edition. We now look like getting the packages out around 11 January 2013. We will provide details of the process this will take in our next Weekly Update.
- Debtors. Thanks to all those families who have made such great effort to clear their account.
- Updates on Expressions of Interest for Staff Planning and Scheduling. In the last edition we asked parents /caregivers to provide an indication of which sessions on which days you anticipate booking your Child(ren) into WSACC. To date we have received responses from around 100 families – thanks so much for responding so quickly. We still have some to go, so can we ask those who haven’t yet responded to do so by Tuesday 1 January 2013.
- Open Days: We will run open days at our new facility on two days in mid-January. Further details will follow in our next Weekly Update.
- Orientation Days: We will run two Orientation days on weekends in mid-January for all children not just preps / new enrolees (being a new facility). Further details will follow in our next Weekly Update.
- Transport Planning: In the last edition we asked parents / caregivers to provide an indication of which form of transport they intend their children to use. To date we have received responses from around 100 families – thanks so much for responding so quickly. We still have some to go, so can we please ask those who haven’t yet responded to do so by Tuesday 1 January 2013.
- Removal from WSS to New Site. Tomorrow (Friday 28 December 2012) we undertake our removal from the WSS site. All is looking good for the move, and some pictures of what the old centre looks like this afternoon are provided below. We are asking for volunteers to help us tidy up and move some items tomorrow afternoon (details below).
REQUESTS FOR VOLUNTEERS/ASSISTANCE
Friday 28 December (tomorrow) from 2.00-4.00pm: Tidy Up and Move Some Items. On Friday afternoon we are keen for help with the last of the things to move from Windsor State School. There are some heavy and awkward items left to relocate as well as spot cleaning to close off our tenure. Once the removalists have departed we want to clean up the old centre, and would really appreciate if anyone would like to come and help. We have the cleaning items on hand (although a couple of extra brooms wouldn’t go astray) and we just need some people to rip around the centre and give it a clean.
Also, anyone who has a large trailer or ute (and ropes) it would be great if you could bring them along as we have some tables and large items still to be relocated to the new centre. We have taken out full volunteer insurance for this activity.
Thanks to all people who have already responded to Kathryn’s email about this earlier today thanks – but if you are interested, please contact Kathryn at WSACC via the general enquiry form so we can plan the activities fully.
General Call for Help
As we firm up the works needed to do to our new home we are hoping that some of you may be able to volunteer some time to work with us. We have taken out full volunteer insurance, and will look for parents / caregivers that are able to supervise, do homemaker duties, can sew, are qualified tradespeople (particularly electrical, carpentry, glazing and plumbing), and / or are happy to provide ‘muscle’. We have received a number of offers – many thanks – but if you are interested, please contact Kathryn via the general enquiry form with your skills / preferences.
Request for Volunteer Members of Fundraising Subcommittee
In early 2013 we will be formally creating a new subcommittee for fundraising activities. We will provide more information over the coming Weekly Updates however if you would like to put your hand up for a role on the Fundraising Subcommittee please let Jenny Wild know via the general enquiry form.
All plans are moving along well and we are on schedule for our 29 January re-launch. There are a couple of things we ask of you in this Update:
1. If you haven’t had time to provide an indication of which sessions on which days you anticipate booking your Child(ren) into WSACC or provide an indication of which form of transport you intend your children to use, could we ask you to do so by Tuesday 1 January 2013.
2. If you are interested in volunteering any time to help us either to clean up tomorrow or to generally help set up, please contact Kathryn at WSACCvia the general enquiry form with your skills / preferences.
That’s about all until our next Weekly Update. Thank you so much for your support, and we wish you and your family a Happy New Year next Monday.
Welcome to our website.
The change in location from Windsor State School to St Mary of the Cross School (formerly Holy Rosary Catholic School) is moving along just nicely and with it comes a change in our website.
We will be using this as a form of communication with our community to update everyone on what is happening now and in the future.
Check here often to keep your finger on the pulse of everything WSACC.